Crystallised blood orange
5 kg Blood orange
5 l. TPT (equal amounts of water and sugar)
- Scald the oranges in abundant water with 1% salt (10 g per litre) for 3 min. and cool in water and ice for 3 minutes.
- Repeat the process 6 times.
- If necessary change the scalding water since it is now bitter.
- Leave to cool and cut in half.
- Place 8 halves in large bags with the same amount of TPT.
- Place 3 bags in the vacuum machine and do 3 cycles without sealing with the improvement time of 20 seconds.
- Wrap and cook at 65 ºC for 2 h.
- Keep in the cold room.
Orange and saffron sauce
1100 ml orange juice
4 u orange peel
300 g glucose
35 threads of saffron Safrà del Montsec
12 g gelatine
Boil everything. Leave to set and grind.
Microwave sponge cake
720 g pasteurised egg white
480 g pasteurised egg yolk
364 g almond flour
300 g sugar
Grind everything in a blender and pass through a fine sieve. Place in olive pots of approx. 700 g. Freeze. Syphon with 4 loads and leave to rest a few hours. Pour 100 g of the contents of the syphon on a tray of 10 x 20 cm and cook in the microwave for approximately one minute. Leave to rest face down until it cools to avoid the sponge cake from sinking.
Whipped cream of saffron
3 l. cream
35 threads of saffron Safrà del Montsec toasted
15 laminas of soaked gelatine
300 g sugar
525 g egg yolk
- Infuse the saffron in the cream.
- Whiten the yolks with sugar and make custard.
- Add the gelatine, sieve and leave to set for 1 day.
- Whip and decorate with piping bag nozzle.
Crispy blood orange
100 g syrup
Cut thin slices of orange with the slicing machine and scald in syrup.
Dry in a dryer for 24 h at 40 ºC
1 blood orange
3 spoons cream of saffron
1 spoons of microwave sponge cake
1 spoon of orange and saffron sauce
1 scoop of passion fruit sorbet
Empty the pulp of half a blood orange to keep the peel. Use the other half of the orange to cut into slices and decorate the dessert.
Fill the half orange with the saffron cream as if it was a tropical orange.
Decorate with the microwave sponge cake, sauce, orange and crispy orange.